Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Saturday Zoo -- The Dark Side Attacks


I attended the last hour or so of the public session today. Didn't accomplish much , it was crowded and I felt a little dorky. I did manage to do my requisite 5 waltz jumps, such as they are. I need to start practicing these from other than a standing start, but not at a public session.

The amusing part of today's skate was that for some reason -- perhaps the upcoming Star Wars movie -- a number of my homeys "went over to the Dark Side" and put on hockey skates! Seriously, it was a long list -- Tate, Dimitri, Bri, Rita & Veronica H, and all 3 Apodacas. Sheesh! Only Rebecca, Jenni and Kathryn seem to have resisted the lure of the Dark Side.

The Dark Side has no appeal for me. Besides, I'm already wearing black boots. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home