Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, May 30, 2005

Perseverance


I attended the adult session today. I was expecting it to be quite crowded due to the holiday, but that was not the case at all. Amazing!

I had a pretty good skate. Worked my 3s some more, but not obsessively (for once). Went to work on BXOs and got some feedback from an Intelligent Observer that they are not that bad. I think they are pretty scratchy, but IO says the main thing is that I'm still not getting fully crossed. Anna would say -- point that toe! And get the weight firmly on the inside skate. Hmmph. Still, it ocurred to me that I am probably too hard on myself. IO has absolutely no reason to flatter me. So maybe I can allow myself a little bit of happiness that they aren't as bad as all that... still, gotta work 'em more, I don't practice them enough.

Did my 10 waltz jumps. IO says my form is pretty good, just (as I keep saying) need more JUMP. I did get a couple that some loft to them (some!), and wow, can you feel the difference when you land -- all of a sudden you are travelling backward! Wow.

Of course I worked on edges and FXOs and some other stuff. I finished up working on the 5-step Mo again, concentrating on the left foot one since I do the right foot all the time. The left foot is a bit rough; my RBI edge (step 2) is curved too much and not stable. I took that as needing to work the LFI Mo a bit and yes, it definitely needs more attention. I gave it a little, then I had to go.

Anna is coming back today, so back in the saddle tomorrow with a 7:30 a.m. lesson. I'm looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home