Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, May 22, 2005

USFSA Testing


TFSC hosted a test session, it started at 6:30 a.m. (!). Amazingly enough I actually managed to get up and go in spite of just being a spectator/supporter. I had a number of friends and fellow students in Anna's Skating School :-) testing though, so I thought it was important to show up to support them and cheer them on.

I got to see one Novice Moves test, a couple of Intermediate Moves, a couple of Pre-pre Moves, an Intermediate FS, a Juv Moves & FS, a Pre-pre FS, and a bunch of dance tests (sorry, I'm not that big on dance right now). Some people passed, some didn't. From the spectator perspective it's sometimes difficult to figure out what's passing and what's not. I brought my rulebook with me (everyone kept borrowing it). The Novice and Intermediate Moves -- geez! Some of that stuff just makes your head spin. Especially the Novice back quick rocker turn sequence. Wow! On the Intermediate moves the one that looks most intimidating to me is the back power 3s; however, it would seem the most difficult move for the testers was the brackets since they both had to reskate them.

The Pre-pre tests are, of course, most similar to my level. Based on my observations I'd have to say my edges and perimeter stroking are ready to go (the PB XOs and alt-3s are from the Prelim test).

Congratulations to all who passed, and better luck next time to those who didn't!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home