Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, May 27, 2005

Progress


I attended the adult session today. It was relatively crowded; about 20 people, including about 5 late teens-early 20s newbies, and a couple of people on lesson.

I had decided I wanted to pick up where I left off, working on the 3-turn placement. Fortunately Jennifer was working with Dana on the exact same thing, and left me a nicely drawn lobe with X marking the spot! So I spent some time on that and the result was that for the LFO3 I'm pretty much able to nail it at the top of the lobe now! I was really psyched. The RFO3 is not as good, but much improved -- I'm tending to be a couple feet early, but still way, way better. Didn't look at the FI3s hardly at all.

Besides all that I did work on my waltz jump. Did my requisite 5, and some bonus ones as well. I would like to work some more on getting the entrance from BXOs but it was too crowded to really work on them. Worked some edges, a few FXOs, and some fun stuff and talked a bit too. It was good.

The rink just came out with the new freestyle schedule starting 6/6. Eeep! Starting 6/6 we'll have 2 hours worth M-F like now, but 7-9 instead of 6-8. That is going to cause some problems; not so much for me (flexible work schedule!) but for many folks. Worse yet, the schedule for the week of 6/20 has only 7 hours of FS, and 4 of them are afternoons (the other 3 are 6-7 a.m.). Eeep!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home