Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Alt-3s


Today's lesson:
  • FO3s -- alternating FO3s that is! Not that there's a lot of alternation going on. I seem to have problems with my right side no matter which foot I'm on. For the LFO3 that means that I have a hard time keeping the R shoulder pressed back after the turn. We worked on keeping the arm/hand/shoulder pressed back/checked after the turn -- Anna says I should be basically facing forward to do the step forward (duh!). The RFO3 was a bit better; well, the 3 is not better, but the body position looking to step forward is better. I sort of/kind of managed to do the step forward from one of these, so of course I rushed the LFO3 instead of just waiting. Grr! We probably spent 15 minutes on these.
  • FI3s -- these are improved. On the RFI3 the biggest thing is to place the turn better, I'm still struggling with this -- it's stupid, it just makes it harder. Anna mentioned that I need to make the actual turn a little faster, just think of flipping the blade from forward to back -- my tracing shows it's a bit slow. On the LFI3 I tend to place the turn a bit better, actually, but they still are pretty stinky. Anna says I need to be more committed to the turn, I'm still tending to lean back. Also had some issues with my free foot creeping forward on me, had a small fall on these when my feet got tangled together. The nice thing about these is that the step forward is so much easier! We probably spent 8 minutes on this.
  • spin entrance -- we spent our last 7 minutes or so on these. They are very close; I have all the pieces, I just need to put them together all at the same time with enough oomph to actually get a spin out of it. I need to work these more on my own.
All in all it was a darn good lesson, a tiring one though.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home