Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, January 07, 2005

Progress


I attended the 5 p.m. freestyle today. I worked a lot on 3s (still) and other miscellaneous stuff. I think I made some good progress toward the end of the session on controlling the exit edge on the FO3s. I think when I was considering this before I was thinking too much about my foot and my leg, and not enough about my hip, and specifically what it would/should feel like. Coming out of a spin in the landing position, I realized that that lifting feeling I have in the hip is exactly the same (well, pretty much) as I need to feel after the turn. I was able to vastly improve my exit, at least a couple of times. Of course consistency will come later... Still I was very happy at this insight and progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home