Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Bonus Time


I skated the evening public session today. I don't usually skate twice in one day, but I had time and really, really wanted to spend more time on this stuff, so I did! It was moderately crowded and there were lots of kids I knew there, so that was fun.

I spent most of my time again on 3s. Wow. It looks like I will have to spend "quality time" with the LFI3 every time I skate, for some time. I guess if that's what it takes then that's what it takes, there's no time like the present. I also worked a bit on my crossovers again. Some time on spins -- especially, I spent 5 minutes just working on the backspin. Not much to report on that; no real improvement, but I didn't expect any -- I just wanted to have more time getting used to how trippy it feels. Finally, I spent some time on the spin entrance and had some better luck. I think in the past I haven't really committed to the windup on the RBI edge so much, but I was watching Heaven (age 7) doing hers and realized I need to stick with the RBI edge longer. This seemed to help; when you stay in the wound-up RBI edge it seems to make your edge curve in more, which makes it more... obvious? when to step forward. At least, I think so. I guess I'll find out when Anna gets back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home