Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Basics


I attended the adult skate today, and it was a good session -- only 4 people! I've decided I'm going to spend the whole week working just on basics, so I spent today's session on 3s, Mohawks, stroking and crossovers. Okay, I did do a couple of spins and a lunge, but it was just as a break :-).

It took me a few tries to get the LFI3 back to where it was yesterday. I spent some time on it but not as much as yesterday. I spent more time working on holding the exit edge from the 3s. I can actually do it out of the RFI3 (and do a nice BO Mohawk out of it) but I'm still having problems with the FO3s. I drop the free side too much and curve sharply in. It's driving me bonkers!

Tomorrow I am hoping to spend some time working on the perimeter stroking and forward/back crossovers Moves.

Addendum: I forgot to mention a couple things about my spins when I posted this. First, I noticed that I've been getting a bit lazy about my hand/arm positions in my spins lately -- I've not been really pulling in tightly. So I reminded myself to do so and woo! I think I know why I was lazy -- speed! Wow! Second, I seem to have improved my exit/landing position sufficiently so that I'm not checking quite so hard as before, and I was able to go from the exit to a step forward. It felt very cool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home