Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Perseverance


I attended the adult skate today. I decided to just work on a few elements and to spend "quality time" on them. The elements I looked at:
  • forward crossovers -- I think I actually made some progress on these. I worked on skating in the crossed position and made some headway on the CCW ones, not so much on CW. They also felt a little more comfortable. I think I often tend to rush these too much.
  • 3-turns -- I worked a bit on two aspects -- one, just improving the RFI3 (didn't try any LFI3s today) and two, trying to improve the exit edge and get a step forward out of the LFO3. My main weapon is doing the edge lobe on the opposite foot followed by the turn lobe on the target foot. Some small progress. My main problem (still!) is dropping the free hip too much once I get on the LBI after the LFO3.
  • spin entrance -- I worked on the two different parts of this, the crossovers to RBI to step forward, and also just on the LFO edge. Not much to report.
  • stroking -- I mostly did general stroking, but also spent a little time trying to get more solid on the right foot. I need to spend more time on that, since my right foot is still noticeably weaker than the left.
All in all it was a productive skate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home