Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Looking At Music


On Tuesday when Anna was working on Nicole's program, we got into a discussion about music and choices for program music. She mentioned that there was a piece from the "JFK" soundtrack that she'd been thinking about for me, and said she'd bring it to me to listen to. She asked me if I'd thought about music for future programs and I responded with "lots!" of course. So today I made up a CD to give her tomorrow with some stuff that I'd like to skate to eventually. Here it is, in no particular order:
  • Man of La Mancha overture
  • Gymnopedie #3 -- Erik Satie. This is an arrangement with classical guitarist John Williams, it's a little different.
  • Walking the Dog, Gershwin.
  • Three John Williams pieces, Celebrate Discovery, Summon the Heroes, and the 5th movement of his American Journey. "Summon the Heroes" is waaay too ambitious for me but I thought I'd include it just for kicks.
  • Fanfare for the Common Man -- more brass!
  • Rodeo, "Hoe Down" -- more Aaron Copland. Another ambitious piece.
  • Mr. Holland's Opus, "An American Symphony" -- I love this piece! Again, waaay too ambitious for now but neat to think about.
  • Theme from "A Summer Place" -- I couldn't resist. It's totally cheesy, but fun.

I think of these the most likely candidates are Man of La Mancha, the Gymnopedie, and either Celebrate Discovery or the American Journey movement. What fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home