Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Perseverance


I skated the adult session today. It was a good session. Anna was there working with Nicole on her (first!) program. They've found some pretty cool music, I'm not sure what it is exactly but it suits her well. Anna insisted on me demonstrating my proto-backspin for Nicole, which I actually managed to do. It's still very bizarre and scary-feeling. I'll have to work it more.

I spent some time on the waltz jump, and the spin entrance, and other stuff like that. I also spent some time going over my remaining trouble spot for the holiday show, namely those darn bunny hops. I've decided part of the problem is that I'm having to scuttle back into place really quickly, which means at this point I'm having to do the 2nd one on a curve instead of straight -- and I'm not comfortable with that at all. I'll try to bring it up tonight at rehearsal. I also practiced my lunge/turn and it is looking very cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home