Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, November 26, 2004

Perseverance


There is a hockey tournament at the rink this weekend, so the usual schedules are in disarray. Since they cancelled the usual freestyle schedule, the management added 2 hours worth of freestyle this morning, which I attended along with 10 or 11 others.

I spent a good chunk of time on the waltz jump prep; in particular I worked on the entrance since that seemed to show up my timing issues. I was able to make some progress with it. Nevertheless, when I try to get myself to jump as part of the walkthrough I tend to just do a bunnyhop. I'm not sure what's up with that. I think it's just a psychological thing.

I spent some time on the spin entrance, and that is definitely improving. Beyond that I spent a fair amount of time on 3-turns, especially working on trying to control the exit edge and do a step forward out of it. It's very slightly improved. I also spent some time on edges and crossovers.

The one kind of interesting thing from today is that at some point I had done... I think it was a step forward from a spin exit (which is an accomplishment in itself) -- and somehow while I was on that LFO edge I did an LFO3 without thinking! I was truly astonished when I realized what I'd done. To me this is sort of a breakthrough because it's evidence I'm starting to internalize more of these techniques I've been working on for what seems like forever. Good stuff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home