Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Annoying Public Session


I went to the evening public session tonight; I wasn't able to skate at the lunchtime adult session due to a work schedule problem.

It was an annoying session. A number of annoying hockey boys weaving in and out at high speed, and a 15 minute "break" for " red light, green light" which just really made me annoyed. I don't mind such diversions on the weekend public sessions -- they are 4 hour sessions. But 15 minutes out of a 90 minute public session is a significant dent in my practice time. Grrr!

I didn't get a lot of useful work done. I spent a fair amount of time on spins, and tried a couple of times to do a slow backspin, but no success at all on that. Some time on crossovers. The only accomplishment was that I spent some time early in the session (before it got really crowded) on my forward-backward lunge/turn and got several okay ones and one really good one, so that made me happy. The really good one overrotated though, but I've decided not to worry about that for now. The only remaining issue (other than consistency!) is that I have no speed at all coming out of this. I don't know if I need to go in faster or what.

I don't skate tomorrow or Saturday, so I only have Friday lunchtime and (hopefully) an hour of freestyle Sunday morning before my next lesson. Grr! I need to work on the waltz jump walkthrough some more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home