Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Holiday Show Rehearsal


We had our 4th rehearsal tonight for our Holiday Show number. It's coming along pretty well. Tonight we ran through it several times, practiced our entrance, our bow, and our exit. Out timing is much better although we are still occasionally out of synch. We discussed what to do when that happens, places we can catch up if we get ahead of the music, and so forth. We also worked on getting more into the music.

All in all I'm feeling fairly good about it, with two exceptions. First, I still need to work more on the forward-backward lunge/turn. It's almost there, but I'm still catching my edge when I turn, because I'm not staying down in the lunge. It's psychological but I only have about 2.5 weeks to fix this. Second, I'm still having problems getting these darn bunnyhops done at the right place in the music. I only did it right once tonight; the other times I got the first one but not the second. I really need to get this done. Still, I think it will be entertaining to watch regardless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home