Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Perseverance


I attended the adult skate today. For the first half there were 3 of us -- strangely enough, all male! -- and for the last half just myself. That was nice.

Nothing much to report. I worked on crossovers, did some nice spins, a few Mohawks. I spent quality time on my forward-to-back lunge; it must be a flexibility thing but it's really hard for me to get down as far as I think I need to and still bring the leg around. I've noticed that other skaters can turn their foot/ankle such that they can slide on their knee with their foot lying parallel on the ice, but I can't seem to quite do that, at least not yet. I also spent some time on the back crossover spin prep but without much progress to speak of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home