Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, October 30, 2004

Saturday Zoo


I attended the public session today, but only for about 75 minutes due to other commitments. The ice was pretty dreadful and I got very little done -- some spins, back edges, and 3-turns. I've noticed I'm better able to compensate for problems in my spins now; I can "fix" some problems without having to give up on the spin. That's pretty neat. I talked with Lisa Mc. about the alternating 3-turns; she's working on them too. Of course hers are much nicer than mine! I was thinking later, after watching her, that maybe it's easier to do a 3-turn if you are going faster. In thinking about it it seems like I can see some reasons why this would be true. I'll have to experiment with it, and if I remember I'll ask Anna.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home