Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Holiday Show Program


We had our first rehearsal for the holiday show tonight. Our music is Three Dog Night's "Joy to the World" (the theme is "A Holiday of Rock"). There are 4 adults in our group. I'm going to try to record what our program is so I don't forget:
  1. come out and stand in a line
  2. 1st group skates forward and t-stop
  3. 2nd group skates forward and t-stop
  4. All skate forward, left 2 do a big circle CCW and right 2 do a big circle CW
  5. All skate forward and do a lunge
  6. Left 2 skate to the right, right 2 skate to the left in big circles, do 2 bunnyhops, and come back into the center
  7. We're now at or just after "if I were the king of the world" and the King (that's me) stands in the center while the others circle round kow-towing and turning.
  8. All join up in the center and each goes off to do a "trick" (individual choice) in turn, starting with me
  9. Come back to the center, then peel off to do 2 big circles similar to #4 except back crossovers
  10. All do a 1-rev pivot
  11. 1st group skates forward
  12. All do a 2-rev spin
  13. 2nd group skates forward and joins up to take a bow, program is over.
I think that's correct, although it's possible I'm wrong about 4 and 5, they could be reversed.

We had 45 minutes to learn this, and we have 4 rehearsals still so I'm sure we'll be fine. For my part, I found it very daunting (which I expected). For one thing my acceleration is not so great; and I really need to work on my T-stops as they are a little rough. For the rest it's mostly just having to do everything boom-boom-boom is very daunting. Of course a "real" program would be much, much worse...

Anyway, I have a lot to work on. I need to find a trick to do. I was thinking about a forward lunge --> backward lunge that I've seen, although I'm not sure how I'd get out of that back to skating back to position. I've just gotten to where I can start to put things together in combinations and this is really going to make me work on that. It's a good thing, even if I am nervous right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home