Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Perseverance


I skated the adult session today. I got there a little late so probably 70 minutes of skating. It was a pretty good skate; worked on back edges and 3-turns and Mohawks, mostly. The back edges are slightly better; I'm finding I really need to pay attention to where I'm looking, especially on the BI edges, or they go to heck. Still, just the fact that I was able to do a line's-worth of them is progress; although they are still quite rough and the form is lacking. Still, if I keep working I'm sure I'll have them by spring, so that is something.

The 3s are coming along, too. I'm doing a much better job of controlling the exit edge, but I still need to work on trying to get the step-forward out of them so I can chain them together. I did mostly FO3s and an RFI3, didn't touch the LFI3. I really need to spend some quality time on the LFI3.

Just before the end of the session I decided to do an LFO spiral; as I was coming out of it I felt my toepick start to grab. I managed to get both feet on the ice, but then almost fell backward instead. How I saved that one I don't know, but I decided it was just as well to get off the ice and back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home