Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Economics


By my count, my $250 annual pass paid for itself about a week ago. Not bad, since I bought it July 31st. To date I've had 44 regular sessions plus 6 sessions where I've skated on the public ice as warmup for a lesson on freestyle (yes, I'm anal-retentive enough to track this stuff). I'm averaging 4+ public sessions a week (where public includes the adult skate). Being able to warmup on the public session is a great saver since I'm loath to spend money on a freestyle when I can only skate 20 minutes of the hour I'm paying for.

Of course, in spite of that savings (which is substantial), I'm still spending $12 or $18/week on freestyle sessions and having an hour's worth of coaching per week, so it's not like my skating expenditures are waning...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home