Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Blood On The Ice


I attended the public session tonight, having invited some friends to come skating with me. Unfortunately the starting time was changed last minute from 6:30 to 7 due to hockey, and when the session started the rink still reeked of hockey boys. The ice had been zamboni'd but was still rutted and rough. If this is the state of affairs now for Wednesdays, I'm likely to skate at the Wednesday adult session and just work late instead. It's better ice and only 10 minutes less skating time (1:20 vs. 1:30 if the 7 p.m. time is permanent).

I had a fun time and didn't work on too much. I did get one really nice 1-footed spin; I think it was close to 3 revs! About 8 p.m. or so a hockey boy (he looked early 20s to me) fell and cut his cheek on the ice and was bleeding all over -- and here I thought hockey boys were made of rubber! Apparently it looked worse than it was -- one of my friends present is a nurse and she helped him out; she says he'll be fine.

It was a fun session as far as socializing, but like I said, I will probably stick to adult skate at lunch if they are going to a) have such miserable ice and b) have only a 90 minute session. It's just not worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home