Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, October 03, 2004

Sunday Morning Ice


I managed to get my butt out of bed to attend the 9 a.m. freestyle today. It was cold in the rink! The thermometer said 45 degrees! Eeep. It took me a while to warm up under those conditions.

I spent most of my time on 3-turns and back edges, and a few spins. My spins seem to be off lately from where they were a few weeks ago. I assume it's because I have not practiced them a lot, but even so, my balance seems to be a bit poor. I also spent some time on the waltz jump walkthrough and a few bunnyhops. No big breakthroughs.

For the next few weeks I'm only going to be able to skate for the 9 a.m. (1 hour) and leave at 10. It is frustrating because I'm just getting really in the groove by 9:30 or 9:45 and then I have to leave. Grrr!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home