Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, September 24, 2004

Little Things


No lesson today, Anna is out of town. I went to the adult session and worked a little on almost everything, but especially stroking. In one of those weird coincidences, almost everyone at the session today was wearing at least some black. We're talking 15 or so people all wearing mostly black (some navy blue). It was bizarre.

I made a number of small improvements and observations. First, my obsessively working my BO edges has resulted in some real improvement, especially the RBO edge. They feel a lot more comfortable, too.

Second, I worked my FO3s a bit and discovered that I can indeed now "scissor" my arms into position instead of the whole-body rotation thing, and that this seems to be fine -- where a few weeks ago it was not fine at all. Hmm. My FO3s are much improved. I did a few on the hockey circle and they are okay even there. I still need to work up my speed on these. I worked some FI3s today and also Wednesday. The RFI3 is still where it was, and unfortunately the LFI3 is still whacked out too. I don't know if I need to just try duct-taping my right foot to my left leg before trying this, or whether I should ask Anna to hold my hand or something. Grr!

Third, working on my perimeter stroking I finally got myself to get down in my knees a bit before the end crossovers, and Voila! what a difference! Much more secure and comfortable. I got to listen to the Josh Groban Oceano while doing some perim. stroking and yep... it's a good song for that. It does remind me that I need to work on my stamina though!

That's about it. I worked on crossovers a bit, spins, and Mohawks. I still need to put more time on that RBO Mohawk though, and once that's solid I need to go on and work on those back Choctaws more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home