Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, October 02, 2004

Saturday Zoo


I went to the public session as usual today. I got there a little late and left a bit early; probably 3 hours of skating total.

Not much to report, I spent a lot of time goofing around but did get some good spins in. I reminded myself to keep my weight over the toepick on the pivot and tried to be more aggressive on my pull-in, so I got some increased speed from that. I also spent a little time on Mohawks, 3-turns and crossovers but nothing major to report.

The amusing things for today -- Kathryn and her friends pretended to be "clueless newbie" teenybopper skaters; they were flipping their hair and saying "I don't know how to stop!" then falling down and (of course) being unable to get up. Skating comedy is an underexplored field, I think. I attempted to give Dana a "cool name" of "DK" (her first two initials). That lasted about 30 minutes when it occurred to her that a name that sounds like "decay" is perhaps not as salutary as one would hope. Oh well, I had the best of intentions! Maybe just "D" will be sufficient.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home