Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Sunday Morning Freestyle


I skated the 9 a.m. freestyle this morning. It was, oddly enough, on the front ice -- apparently the hockey players got there first and opted for the back ice -- a wise choice since they were patching the ice at one end of the front sheet and had 15 or 20 feet coned off on the end. It was annoying to have to skate in those circumstances, albeit worse for those with programs to practice.

I worked a little on the footwork assignment from Anna; it's the cross step that's the real problem. I didn't make any real gains on that front. I worked a few spins; I'm glad to say I'm starting to do a better job at keeping my head/eyes up on the spin exit. It's about time. I spent a fair amount of time on 3-turns, and especially at the end of the session on the LFI3. I discovered some interesting things. Part of my problem with this turn is I'm losing my arm/shoulder position in the turn; I notice when I'm done with my attempt my trailing arm isn't trailing at all, it's pointing into the circle. Hmmm. Anyway, I worked these for a while with no real apparent progress but at least some understanding.

These 1-hour sessions are a little frustrating, as I wrote last time -- right when I'm warmed up and doing well it's time to go. Oh well, it's better than nothing I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home