Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, October 11, 2004

DoubleHeader


Since I had today off (Columbus Day!) I skated at the adult skate at lunchtime, then came back for my lesson (I'll put the lesson entry in a separate post). Unfortunately the compressor problems the rink had Sunday were not yet solved, so adult skate was on the back ice (cold!).

It was a good skate. I spent some time on 3-turns, and did some good ones. A little time on spins, and got one very good one (how I wished Anna had seen it!). I worked a little bit on the cross step since that's been an issue, but not much progress. I also spent a fair amount of time on spirals, and actually got one that I saw in the reflection of the glass as I went by -- it looked almost okay! By that I mean the free leg was not much below hip height. I was very pleased and impressed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home