Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, October 23, 2004

Saturday Zoo


I attended the public session today as usual. I only stayed for about two hours due to other commitments. It was a lot of fun since many of my usual skating buddies were there.

I spent some time on 3-turns; I'm now able on the LFO3 to step forward from the exit, but it's to an RFI that's almost perpendicular. Still, it's progress. I spent some time on Mohawks, trying to work on holding the exit edge there, but without much success. I worked on my spins and had some good ones.

I also spent some time on edges and crossovers, mostly just to keep up my skills. I spent some time working on the cross step at the barrier. The fact that I have difficulty with this skill shows up weaknesses in my back edges (which is not surprising); I managed to improve it somewhat so it's not quite so scrapey. There's much more to do, though. I also spent some time working on the scratch spin entrance exercise, but without much improvement.

The session was marred by a rather disturbing accident; a man fell and whacked his head and had some kind of seizure/convulsion. The rink staff called the paramedics and did what they could. It was kind of scary. I hope he's okay.

All in all not much to report but some good work and some fun socializing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home