Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Proposed Adult MIF Changes


Someone on RSSIR posted a link to these proposed changes in Adult MIF testing (among other things). The most important thing (for me) is the proposal to change the adult pre-bronze MIF test, deleting the alternating forward 3s and replacing them with the Waltz-8.

I'm not sure what I think of this. I've spent a lot of time on the alternating 3s, and I'm sure even if I didn't have to test them I'd still have to spend a lot of time on them in order to master them. But the Waltz-8 is much easier, and in particular, of course, it doesn't include the darn FI3s which are the bane of my existence. Actually, from looking at the proposals, it would mean FI3s would not be tested at all until the Adult Silver test. On the other hand there's some "snob appeal" in passing the test before the change, I expect.

If this change is approved in May, it would apparently be in effect in September. I've been hoping to test by May.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home