Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, December 05, 2004

Holiday Show


Well, the holiday show (Winterfest 2004) has come and gone. It was a whirlwind... a lot of fun, and now I'm totally exhausted.

I took some time to skate Saturday afternoon at the public session, and it was a good thing since we got NO warmup time before the show Saturday evening. The show itself went well. Our number went okay although I wasn't satisfied with my lunge/turn (STILL caught the edge) AND I just left out the bunnyhop entirely. I wasn't too nervous though. After the show there was public skating for a while and most of the cast (including me) stayed after to skate for a while since we were all pretty hyper!

Based on Saturday, I made time to go to the 9 a.m. freestyle session this morning so that I would have gotten some ice time today. It was a GREAT session, just me by myself for the first half, then just one other person for the second half. Got to the rink at 1 p.m. for pictures etc., and we did get a brief warmup just before the show started, so that was good. Our number was better in some ways, but I just did a straight lunge instead of the lunge/turn -- as I was turning to do the lunge I had some weirdness with my balance on my left skate and felt off-balance, so decided to just do the lunge and not try the turn since I didn't think I would get my weight forward enough to pull it off without going splat. Unfortunately, of course, they didn't videotape (as far as I know) last night's performance, only today's. Oh well. After the show I skated for about an hour.

There were so many wonderful performances today -- the soloists were awesome! And of course I felt really happy to be part of it since I know almost everybody involved, and to see them out their doing their stuff (and doing it well) -- it was just terrific. I'm really pleased and glad I did the show, it was a wonderful experience.

Update: I missed it when it first came out, but the Arizona Daily Star did a nice article on the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home