Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Sunday Morning Freestyle


I managed to get my butt out of bed to skate the 10 a.m. freestyle today. I'm really glad I did. There were only about 4 or 5 people skating (a couple having lessons) and it was a good environment.

I spent most of my time on 3-turns and crossovers, with a bit of time also on stroking and edges and a couple of spins and lunges. I spent real "quality time" on the RFI3 and the LFI3. The RFI3 is looking better and better, although the entrance is still a bit skidded. The LFI3... ah, the LFI3. I did them over, and Over, and OVER again. I actually got a couple that were "okay". That means not that they were any good (in particular there was almost no exit edge), but that I managed to do it and not have the weirdness on it that I usually do, overchecking or whatever. I think I got 4 good ones out of 20 or 30, and not in any consistent pattern. I think the issues for this are probably to really keep looking at my hand and keep the stretch so I don't overcheck; also to get a nicer kneebend and down-up-down (especially down again, which is really lacking). Still, it's some slight, slight progress. Obviously I need a lot more time on this.

I spent a little time on the spin entrance as well. It's coming along; I find myself doing the LFO3 just after the step forward a lot. I think that is a good sign since it seems to me that the point I'm doing the 3 is really the point at which I should spin. Progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home