Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, December 24, 2004

Coffee Club 3s


I attended the adult skate today, and got about an hour's worth of practice. I spent about 45 minutes of it (!) working on 3s, and, for once, not the LFO3 (well, just a little). Spent a good chunk on the RFO3 and lots and lots of time on the RFI3 and a bit on the LFI3 as well. I think I figured a couple of things out about the FI3s. A couple of times I noticed I was overchecking the RFI3, something I'd not had a problem with before -- and it felt just like the LFI3 does. I think there are a couple of things I can do to help this -- first, I've noticed that my trailing/soon to be leading hand (the left hand on the RFI3) is not straight behind me just before the turn, but out to the side. This makes sense since I'm approaching these like doing an FI edge. However, I think the fact it's not behind me makes it difficult to keep tension in the arms and so I flail a bit. Also, in working the RFI3 I notice that after the turn I tend to extend the free leg very naturally. If I could do that on the LFI3 I might be able to complete the turn without putting my foot down.

There's always so much to work on! I was hoping Santa would bring me a nice LFI3. I guess I'll find out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home