Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, January 03, 2005

Foggy Freestyle


Since I had the evening free (no choir practice 'til 1/24) I decided to skate the 6:10 freestyle instead of coffee club. Wow, what a great choice! First, I was the only person there, and second the ice was freshly surfaced. Whee!

I worked a bit of everything, but especially worked on 3s. These are improving. I was actually able to skate LFO lobe, RFO3, step forward, LFO lobe, RFO3! The step forward was a little weak but all in all I was really pleased. The inside 3s are improving too. I spent some time on stroking and it seems improved, especially the right foot.

All in all it was quite a workout. Since it was raining today the humidity was up and the dehumidifiers were having a hard time keeping up, so -- fog! A little. Not enough to be troublesome, but enough to make you think your eyes are going ;-).

I meant to blog that my LFO edges are a little troublesome lately. I'm not sure why, but they are just feeling -- off. Maybe I'm dropping my free hip -- that's the usual stock answer :-). I'll have to play with it a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home