Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Marathon


The rink was open today, and had a marathon public session for New Year's Day (12:30 - 8:30!). I arrived around 2:30 and stayed until almost 7, but I took frequent breaks and had dinner so I probably "only" skated about 3.5 hours.

I worked on crossovers only a bit, but worked especially on skating on the crossed-over position. I was able to do this quite nicely! I'm not sure why, but it was okay and I even was able to have some ankle-roll on the crossed-under foot. Good stuff!

I spent considerable time on 3s, especially on working to get the transition from one to another. I had some success but it's still very rough and will take a lot more effort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home