Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Perseverance


I attended the adult skate today. It was moderately crowded. I spent a good chunk of time on edges, especially back edges, and got a compliment on my BI edges from Gary. I also spent some time on crossovers (forward and back), 3s, and the scratch spin entrance. At the end of the session I finished up by doing the forward edges as per the test, and back crossovers as per the test.

I had a chance to double-check with Marge about the edge pattern, and she confirmed that the edges MUST be done starting on the right foot (as the rulebook says). Someone on RSSIR had claimed it doesn't matter. I suppose it's possible particular judges don't care, but I'm glad I checked since chances are that Marge will be the one judging me. From now on I'll always practice them starting on the right foot.

All in all it was a good session; no breakthroughs but some solid work. I need to spend more time on crossovers! Especially CW, I chicken out on those way too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home