Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, August 16, 2004

Progress


I escaped to coffee club today, about 75 minutes of skating. The humidity was up in the rink today, and it was a little colder than usual (about 54 degrees) so the glass around the rink was fogged up, and even though they Zamboni'd before the session there were lots of little bumps from water dripping off the ceiling. Grr!

I had a really good skate. In particular I worked on the LFO3, RFO3, and RFI3, and they are coming along. I had to remind myself to keep the free leg close in the FO3s though -- if I don't I can't hold the exit edge, but if I do it's solid. The RFI3 is really coming along. Now if I would get my nerve up to work on the LFI3 more, I'd really get some where. Anyway, 3 of the 4 I need for the MITF test is something, I guess.

I also spent a fair amount of time on my spins, and they are continuing to improve. In particular my spin exit/landing position has improved and I'm getting better flow and a real RBO edge coming out of it. I'm now trying to combine that exit with a step forward; but that's proving difficult. On the 2-foot to 1-foot spin, I spent a fair amount of time on it and had some really good ones. I was really psyched! My balance is continuing to improve.

The last area of excitement was my BO edges. I was working these and had the best edges I've ever done! It was really awesome. I was really managing to get more lean and flow on 'em, especially the RBO was much improved.

Like I said, it was a great skate; the skate gods were smiling on me today. Hopefully some of this will still be present for my lesson tomorrow! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home