Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, August 06, 2004

Vive La Difference!


I skated at coffee club today, the first time at CC in quite a while it seems like. When I got on the ice it was SO smooth... beautiful. I've been skating at public sessions so much, where the ice gets a much rougher cut, I'd almost forgotten what a thing of joy it is to skate on really good, smooth ice. It makes such a difference!

I had a really good skate today. No breakthroughs, just some solid work. I did not do any bunnyhops, but I did pretty much everything else. Had some good solid spins, including a 2-foot to 1-foot spin that was about 1.5 revs I'm guessing. Worked on the RFI3 some, it's about the same. I seem to have again fixed my LFO3 problem -- made myself consciously wait and get more rotation before the turn. That helped a lot. I really feel the rotation on the RFO3, don't know why I've gotten away from it on the LFO3.

I've noticed on my forward crossovers that I still have problems keeping my left arm back (on the CCW ones); if I don't worry about it too much and just let the left arm be pointed more or less straight into the circle, I'm able to pretty much hold that position. If I really try to keep it back then I tend to have more problems. I assume it's my shoulder, still. Grrr!

I did a few back crossovers. My CW ones are good but my CCW ones are now rather rough and scratchy. *sigh*

My little buddy Mariah was there (waiting for the afternoon public session) and she asked to see my spiral, so I did one for her. It was okay. As usual, balance is not bad, extension leaves much to be desired. That's about all I can say since I can't see how it looks!

I really need to skate coffee club more often, it's a good session -- much better than public sessions at least. I'm going to start trying for Mondays and Fridays I think. Between that and my T-Th freestyle and the Wed. night sessions, some solid skating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home