Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, July 26, 2004

Cactus Classic


On Saturday I was up in the Phoenix area and got a chance to stop in and see a few hours of the Cactus Classic.  It was very cool!  I got to see several skaters from our rink compete, including two of my coach's skaters -- Tracy (got 2nd in Adult Bronze) and Patrick (got 2nd in Pre-Juv Boys Freeskate).  Congratulations!

One of the real treats of this competition was Katlynn McNab.  This girl is only 10 or so, but she is a really amazing skater!  My jaw just about dropped watching this girl skate -- very reminiscent of Tara Lipinski (although I'm sure that's an overused comparison).  Anyway, if you ever have a chance to watch this girl skate, grab it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home