Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Workout


I went to the evening public session today and had a good workout. It was only moderately crowded, and there were only a few small children -- they didn't stay long either. I had a solid workout, concentrating on spins, turns, and forward crossovers.

On the spins I made an effort to keep my shoulders from hunching forward and was rewarded with a bit more stability. I also worked a bit on lifting the right foot, though with only moderate success. The RBO exit (landing position) continues to improve, though.

On the turns I am improving my exit edge on the FO3s -- it seems a key is to really keep the free leg close to the skating leg. I had some good progress on Mohawks, too, but I'm still working on keeping the newly free foot tucked behind the new skating foot and also I still can't hold the check.

Not much to say on FXOs except that I did work them...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home