Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, July 17, 2004

Saturday Zoo


I'm back in my old routine -- yoga at 11 a.m., then on to the public session "zoo" from 12:30 to 4:30. With a break for lunch and Zamboni, I probably skated 3.5 hours, and I'm definitely tired.

I had plenty of time to work on practically everything, although the crowded conditions limited what I was willing to work on.

I spent a good bit of time on my forward crossovers, especially those nasty CW ones. I'm not sure there's much improvement except that they are not as scary, which is important I guess. I also spent a considerable amount of time on spins, and got several good ones; still no one-foot spins as nice as that last one on Thursday, but I'm sure I'll get there. I also spent a lot of time on turns. I am doing something slightly strange on my LFO3 -- I wonder if I've overpracticed it or something because I'm tending to force the turn. Of course the fact that I can, in fact, force the turn is, in a way, progress; but still, I shouldn't do that. I spent some time doing Mohawks on a circle. They are slightly improved.

I spent a little bit of time (when it was relatively clear) on the RBO edge. I think a key here is really to put the weight firmly on the heel. I was able to do that a few times and it makes a huge difference. More stuff to work on!

Anyway, it was a good workout, and it's probably good to build my endurance with these long sessions. Still, it's also probably just as well I don't skate again until Tuesday.

On a side note, it's 3 months ago today that I broke my wrist, at the very same "zoo" -- I tried not to think about it, and of course I was fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home