Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Figure Skating 2: Electric Bugaloo?


I went to the evening public session tonight, hoping to get some work in on crossovers and back edges. Unfortunately about 3 minutes after I got inside they turned off the regular lights and it was disco lights for the rest of the time I was there. I don't work too well in that environment.

About an hour after I got there a bunch of the figure skating kids showed up at center ice and were hanging out, showing off for each other and doing stuff. It reminded me of those breakdancing movies from the 80s! Particularly nice was Dimitri and a girl whose name I don't know doing side-by-side jumps in the circle. They had good unison! It was very cool. Dimitri is very flexible and has a nice... what is that spin called? A forward Bielmann? It's the one Sasha Cohen does where the free foot is straight up in front. Wow! Very nice, Dimitri :-)

Anyway, it was not a very productive session between the disco lights and the fact it was quite crowded. I mostly did FI Mohawks, spins (mostly not too great) and forward crossovers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home