Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Perseverance


I attended the public session tonight. Fortunately, for the most part it wasn't too crowded, and they had the normal lights on the whole time (not the disco lights). I skated the whole 2-hour session.

I worked pretty much the same stuff, forward crossovers, a little bit of back edges, back Mohawks, forward Mohawks and 3-turns, and some spins. I also did 3 or 4 bunnyhops.

My LFO3 seems to have worked its way into a weird state. 70% of the time or so it seems like I'm forcing it and making it harder than it is. This is particularly weird since the RFO3 is now pretty nice for the most part. It's very strange. My forward crossovers are at a good point where I can at least reel off 4-6 around the hockey circle without stopping or feeling too uncomfortable. I'm still having a lot of trouble holding the exit edge on my mohawks (and 3-turns for that matter). I managed to do a back Mohawk from an RBO edge, which made me really happy.

My spins are in a strange place. For most of the evening they were pretty stinky. It wasn't until almost the end of the session that I managed a few good ones, and also one decent 2-foot to 1-foot spin (I think it was 1.5 revs on one foot). I'm not sure what's going on with this.

I did work a few RFI3s without any noticeable improvement, and I tried to do a couple of LFI3s but chickened out. Grrr. Still, it was a good session and worthwhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home