Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Perseverance


I went to the public session tonight; got there a little late so about 1 hr 45 minutes of skating. It wasn't too crowded, and the ice was in good shape, so it was a really nice session.

I worked all the usual stuff, no great breakthroughs. I did work on keeping my head up on my 3s, especially the LFO3 and it definitely helped. I'll have to keep working that. Worked my crossovers -- I forgot in my entry from yesterday that Anna had told me that I could hold the extended foot however long I want, but I need to bring the crossing foot in in one smooth motion, no hesitation or stopping.

I did a few bunnyhops and mazurkas. They are okay. I worked my spins and got some pretty good ones. My exit is improving too, I'm mostly getting a real RBO exit edge. The only real issue I have with it is that I suspect I need to stay on a bent knee, but I tend to straighten it. Also I tried once to go straight from the RBO landing position to do a back Mohawk. I didn't quite make it, and did a BO Choctaw instead. Grr.

All in all it was a really nice session, some good solid work. Since it was not very crowded I worked my back edges and backward skating a lot. It is coming along; really, when I think about it the improvement is pretty amazing, but it has taken so very long! I think I've been working on this stuff since last October or November or something, but it's only in the last month or whatever that it's really started to solidify.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home