Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Frustration


I attended the public session tonight, but due to a meeting and the need to give a friend a ride home, my usual 2 hours of skating turned into 40 minutes. By the time I got to the rink I was in a somewhat foul mood, not the best for skating.

Since I had so little time, I mostly worked on turns and, especially, spins. I did learn one good thing though. I'd been pondering for some time how to get a better RBO edge on the spin exit/landing position, and it had occurred to me that I needed to get a better "follow-through" on the left foot so that it carries through with a little more force and winds up behind me. I tried it, and *voila*, a much better exit on a firm RBO! I'll take it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home