Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Ankle Update

I've had 9 PT appointments and a followup visit with my doctor last Tuesday.

The good news is that I've regained most of my range of motion, and balance is improving.  The bad news is, based on the X-rays from 2 weeks ago, healing of the bone is not as far advanced as it should be.  There's still a fair amount of swelling, some pain, looseness in the joint and a lot of weakness.  I also notice I've lost a lot of muscle mass in the left calf. Geez!

The plan is 1) continue PT for another couple of weeks or so, 2) followup X-rays in 2 weeks and 3) back to the doctor in 4 weeks.

So this is all taking longer than I'd like... but it's getting there. The good part is I have a great doctor and a great physical therapist who understand I want to get back to skating, not just walking.  We'll get there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home