Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, June 10, 2016

Preliminary Test & Serpentines

I skated the Chandler adult freestyle today for my figures lesson with Lynne.  I was a little pressed for time so all I got to do was scribe circles before we started.

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- not bad.  Very first FO was a little wobbly but after that all was good. BI was really, really nice -- first lobe was good size for once!
  • FO8 -- not bad.  Some small issues on the LFO, I need to really lock my core better on the push and bend my knees a bit more.
  • FI8 -- pretty nice.
  • waltz-8 -- the first one was going really well!! and then... I got a bit forward on the 2nd RFO3 and was going to fast and kinda lost it.  We started over and it was better.  Still working to improve the step forward but otherwise not too bad.
  • serpentines -- I did a complete set on each foot.  Only made it around the full distance about once on each foot :-(.    The FIO change is actually not bad, it's the FOI that is still a bit troublesome (weird!).  Needs work.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home