Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, June 08, 2016

3s

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert, as usual.

Since I still don't have my freestyle boots back (it will probably be Monday) I warmed up with edges and FO8 and some 3s.

For our lesson today we worked just on 3s, yes, the whole lesson.  We were smart and worked mostly on the RFO3 (in retrospect we should have spent some time on FI3s).  After some work there was some real improvement -- turn was much less forced and had a nice quickness that I hadn't seen in a while.  So yay, it was a worthwhile investment!

I will not be able to compete at next year's sectionals, due to a schedule conflict.  JJ and I talked about this and I think the plan is to forgo working on a free skate (I'll still do dramatic, and come up with a light program) and instead spend that time working on Bronze moves.  Ugh, so much to do!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home