Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Fractured Fibula

Well, crud.  Yesterday's fall was worse than I'd hoped.  X-rays at urgent care say I've fractured my fibula (that's the bone on the outside of the leg) in two places.  Grr.  The good news is that it's not a weight-bearing bone and should heal just fine.  I need to do a followup with my primary care and an ortho but at this point I will be off the ice for a while. Grrr.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:22 PM , Blogger susanrn said...

    So sorry to hear about your leg. I hope you heal quickly and are not in too much pain.

     
  • At 1:37 PM , Blogger Gordon said...

    Thanks! It's still pretty swollen but the pain is manageable.

     
  • At 8:08 AM , Blogger George A said...

    Yow! I hate to hear about skating accidents. I've busted two bones while skating (radius and humerus) and did smack my head hard enough to require surgery last year. I'm a believer in the ice-halo now. I'm hoping to have an accident-free season this year. Get Well!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home