Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, June 25, 2010

FS Zoo

I skated the 8:30 a.m. FS at Chandler today... wow!  I haven't skated a session that busy in a lonnnng time.   It was even busier than the old Tuesday evening FS at Sherwood!  I counted 16 skaters and 7 coaches.  It was pretty intimidating at first but it settled down and/or I adjusted.  On the positive side it was... invigorating.  Lots of energy and I actually got to play a good chunk of my 80s mix CD per Juliana's request :-).  I had to smile a little since the music was older than most of the skaters!

I worked my usual stuff, though I only did 2 salchows.  The first was just okay and the second was a bit rough  but it was actually in the context of a program runthrough that I did at the end of the session when it was a little quieter.  I had a number of pretty good spins which was very encouraging.  I also worked a little bit on a mohawk step sequence that JJ had given me a long time ago that I think he might want to use for the second half of the program.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home