Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Layouts

Today's figures lesson on Chandler coffee club as usual.  The session was very deserted -- most of the adults were in the patch class on the other sheet so when Lynne and I started my lesson it was just us and one other skater.  Pretty neat!

We spent the whole lesson working on layouts -- starting on clean ice with a start that was not on any line or mark.  We did about 5 different layouts, I think it was 3 or 4 for FI8 and 1 or 2 for FO8.  In general it went pretty well!  I still need a bit more control especially on the FO8, and I need to be careful about not cutting off the bottom of the circle on the FO8s.  In general, though, I am doing a pretty good job of getting my circles the right size, getting back to center, and tracing my previous circles.  I was pretty happy with it.

Here's a pretty neat article about figures way back when.  Czech it out!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home