Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Spins, Whoa!

I got my butt out of bed at 6:30 and skated the 7 a.m. FS at Chandler (no lesson this week since JJ is on vacation).  About 10 or 11 skaters and 5 coaches I think. 

After my warmup, I did several spins... and the first 4 in a row were all quite good!  "Only" 2 revs or so but nicely centered and they felt... comfortable.  Of course this freaked me out :-) and of the next 3 only 1 was good.  Still... I think I did like 24 spins and probably 2/3 were pretty good.  Wow!  I'm hopeful this will "stick". 

Other than that (which made me really happy) the other highlight ("lowlight"?) was that I am still struggling with my salchow.  I only had 2 okay ones and several where I didn't really jump.  I really need to work with JJ on this when I get back.  I think it's mental, but still... gaaah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home