Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday FS Zoo

I skated the Friday a.m. FS at Chandler.  The schedule has changed a bit and now that summer is here it was pretty crowded.  Well, not really that many skaters but it felt very hectic and busy -- about 12 skaters and 6 or 7 coaches.  Maybe I'm getting a little wimpy :-).  I got quite a bit done anyway though.

Worked through my list of stuff.  Salchow... I did several that were just fine but also several where I went in and didn't even really jump; not sure what's going on there exactly but it was weird.  Spins -- hmmph.  Toward the end of the session I really tried to relax and think about the stuff I worked on with Sonya on Monday and that helped a bit.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:54 AM , Blogger Baffled said...

    Pay attention to your knee bend next time you try your Sal. I find that if I can't jump or it is whimpy either I had my knee already bent going into the jump or it was ramrod straight. My coach has me doing the three turn with a straight knee and then bending deeply as I start turning to jump. Kind of like using my knee as a spring. You have to load it up in order for it to release properly.

    BTW, I'm another adult skater who is a blogging fool. I found your blog through the very nice article in Skating Magazine. I'm glad to hear of another adult doing patch. Yeah!

    Silver Blades

     
  • At 10:27 AM , Blogger Gordon said...

    Hey, thanks for this. I have been thinking about the knee bend into the sal too and I think you are right.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home